Monday, January 17, 2011

Reflections From 2nd MTC Webcast

Today was a good start to this new approach. I opened my fridge today and saw a barren white fridge. If I am going to make healthy choices and I need to have healthy options available to me. I went to the local health food store to buy some fresh fruits and veggies. Nothing strange or exotic, just the basics...dark green leafy lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, apples, oranges, bananas, and grapefruit. While there I was trying to decide what changes I can make at meal times that would not only be healthy for me but healthy for the whole family as well. I knew this will be a bit of a challenge as I listened to my 13 year old daughter behind me exclaim "ew, I'm not eating that" or "ew, that's gross."

I watched the second MTC webcast this evening and wow! The Lord just spoke directly to me during this whole webcast. So many things that were on my mind or fears I had were put to rest tonight. One thing that stuck out to me right away was that I need to be a woman of joy and thanksgiving. So many times before when I approached this whole eating healthy thing it was more an act of drudgery. Definitely not something I was joyful about and I was definitely not thankful. Now I can see I can be joyful because I am not doing this just for my physical well being or looks but to have a closer more intimate relationship with God. Who wouldn't be joyful about that! This leads me right into thanksgiving. I am so thankful to the Lord for providing these MTC resources to me. So thankful that he loves me enough not to leave me in this place but to draw me out!

I know right now I am full of rosey optimism and I know there will be some dark days ahead. However, I can be joyful and thankful for those dark days ahead because they will be opportunities for me to draw close to God in prayer and see Him move in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment