Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble

I've never heard of the author Colleen Coble until I picked up this book and I'm very happy I did. She is a fantastic author! This book, The Lightkeeper's Ball, has a little bit of everything, romance, mystery, suspense, and action. Colleen Coble weaves these elements and history together so nicely that it was very hard for me to put this book down. Colleen Coble gives much attention to detail and I was never left feeling if certain events did or could really have happened. Even though this book is the third in the Mercy Falls series it was still easy to read and get into the characters even though I haven't read the previous two books, which I will be doing now! 

After Olivia’s sister dies she must decide whether to take her sister’s place in society. Before doing so she travels to Mercy Falls to investigate the suspicions surrounding her sister’s death. She meets her sister’s fiancĂ©, Harrison, and discovers that her sister’s death was no accident.  While at the ball Olivia discovers secrets about her sister and will Harrison discover who Olivia really is? And could her really love her?

This was a delightful book to read and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a historical/mystery romance novel to read.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <[...]> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 <[...]> : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." 

No comments:

Post a Comment