Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Max on Life

I love Max Lucado and I loved this book. “Max on Life” was a huge inspiration to read. This book contains 172 questions that Max answers throughout the pages of the book. Each question an answer is given on one page; Max gets right to the heart of the question and supplies a deep but understandable Biblical answer.  Lucado organizes the answers by theme, which can be read straight through, read daily like a daily devotional, or even used as a reference book with the topical index in the back. I was concerned at first that this book would be a little too simplistic for a long time believer however there were many insights I never considered before. The answers to these questions helped to stretch my understanding. I also found new ways to help explain certain topics that come up in conversation with my non-believing family and friends. The questions addressed in this book are relational dealing with topics such as why am I here? Why go to church? Why bad things happen? “Max on Life” also addresses real life issues for daily living, like relationships, children, work and finances.  I recommend this book to everyone, and even think it would make a good gift to give someone who is either having doubts or just needs some encouragement.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment